Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Movies about brothers

Last night Travis and I watched a movie with Travis's sister and brother-in-law.
He grabbed a stack of movies, stuck them in his bag and said "We'll figure out what we want to watch when we get there."
On the scooter, driving to Chris and Camille's house I asked "What movies did you bring?"
"All our movies about brothers," he said.
"The Brothers Bloom? A River Runs Through it? maybe... Oh Brother, where art thou?" I guessed.

"Yes," he said. "And some others."

He began with plausible titles that might actually be movies but I know we do not own such as Blood brothers, and Brothers in arms.

And moved on to,
Time for Brother, time for tea. "A british film, very boring. Based on something dumb Jane Austen wrote."

Hermanos "a Spanish film."

Oh my Brother, Jet Li. "A kung fu movie, in Chinese it is SamYiGumJETLI!"

Brother, we're a dead man. "About siamese twins. You know, because they're two people. But one man."

Brother, I am running with two knees braces! Look at that girl with two knee braces! (I'm not sure where the title ends and commentary begins on that one.)

Pierre, Je t'aime. "A french film about the weird sexual tension and romance between two brothers who might not actually be brothers."

I used to be your brother, but now I'm your sister. "I don't actually know what that's about, I haven't seen it. But there's a very ugly woman on the front."

This continued in a stream for 15 minutes straight.
I only wish I could remember the other films he supposedly brought for us to choose from.

We ended up watching The Terminal.
Which is in no way about brothers.
But which is also very good.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

hmm...i'm still trying to figure out the "i used to be your brother, but now i am your sister"