Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pretty Things

I have a folder on my desktop titled Pretty Things in which daily I add pictures of spring dresses, wildflower bouquets, bedspreads, bookcases (A LOT of bookcases), bedrooms, swimsuits, fanciful weddings, flower wreaths in curly hair, little girls in tutus, sun flares, people kissing, fabric, J. Crew models, buttons, bicycles, fruit, envelopes, fancy handwriting, graffiti, tattoos, books, banners, games and lots more. Really, LOTS more.
Did you stop reading and just skip to this line? Its a long list. I accidently started to repeat myself, but went through and took those things out.
Its a very full folder. It is my favorite folder.
Because I love perfectly girly things.
Not like lipstick, or hairspray (although I know I have a few pictures of the former) but really wonderful girly things like fresh herbs in the kitchen and baby feet and flowery, light, sunshiney wonderfulness.
Before I was married (before I was even engaged or seriously dating) the Pretty Things folder was eighty per cent wedding-related.
I had my dress and style decided on before I knew I would need a dress and style anytime soon.
Now its full of living rooms, gardens, babies, and (like I said before) about a million bookcases. I have a perfect little study already planned and painted in my mind.
But where do I get such pretty pictures, you ask?
The sidebar headed Lovely Links is home to all of my favorite blogs. Blogs of design, fashion, cooking, happiness, and so many are devoted wholly to pretty things.
So here are some of the pretty things I've seen this week and added to my folder. They make me happy to look at.

















Umm, Helvetica cookie cutters anyone? LOVE it.




I'm sorry to those who I stole these from, I was going to link back to each picture but my blogger is having a fit.

5 comments:

travis pitcher said...

travis love white rooms.
travis love becky.
travis no love girly house
BUT
travis still love becky.

Jessica D. said...

I DO THIS TOO! My boyfriend likes to pretend I'm crazy. I now have proof it's not just me.

Mary said...

I do not do this...

p.s. random fact elder ostvig is done in two days as in on the 12. mom said you were worried no one would tell you so I will.

Polly said...

I used to want floor to ceiling bookcases covered with books and knick knacks, but no more. 1. I move to much and books are heavy.
2. Less is more 3. I think it looks cluttered. 4. I only have a few special books I read over and over. Like the scriptures, ahh what a good girl I am.
Also you probably shouldn't keep fruit in your folder, it rots

Aimee said...

Dear Becky,

I just started blog-stalking you. I love your blog. And you. Have you ever looked at youaremyfave.com? It's full of amazing pictures, and it's actually my cousin's blog. You should check it out.