Friday, August 13, 2010

Chilly

Chilly is my favorite weather.

Chilly is fall. Chilly is sweaters. Chilly is new pencils. Chilly is Halloween Costumes. Chilly is ginger tea on the couch with Travis while watching a movie.

Chilly weather.

It is August, and they (the nameless masses) say the end of August is the hottest part of summer. They claim that summer is not yet over.
They hold on, planning days at the lake, eating numerous hot dogs, saying "we've got a few more months; plant some seeds in your brand new and very beautiful planter box."

I claim summer is ending.
I comfortably wore a cardigan to church on Sunday.
I saw Halloween things on sale on Monday and nearly wet myself with excitement, and have starting using a blanket at night again, and have been wanting to knit and wanting to bake warm bean soup and wear my pretty new scarf.

Maybe it's all the rain that's confusing me. It's making it cold outside.
And maybe its the love of all things summery that's confusing everyone else.

But chilly is my favorite weather, and cold is just after it in the list. Warm is next but HOT is dead last.
I hate the heat.
I abhor it.

And I don't mind if summer's ending early as long as it means we've got a nice long fall ahead of us.
Mmmmm, fall.
I do love fall.





p.s.
This is unrelated. But check out the funny video of my five-year old sister in Yellowstone.
So cute. Oh, AND she's wearing a sweatshirt. Must be chilly. :)

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

Chilly weather! I'm so excited for it. Great post :)

Chris said...

I think your favourite season is always the new season. For someone so anxious about change, that is really amazing. I look forward to your post about how winter is your favourite, and then spring, and then summer. I also have four favourite seasons.