Friday, June 4, 2010

Really Good Internet

I have a few minutes (at least) of really good internet and I'm trying to use it to upload some pictures.

These are the children who live down the street (path, really) from Komaza's offices. We passed with the camera and they shouted, Picture! Picture!
We took several pictures and a few videos, too. They all turned out beautiful. Their mother asked, "When will you bring these back for me?"

We're not supposed to give out sweets, but I think printing out these pictures will be fine. Most of the people here do not have pictures of themselves of their children.





Their parents asked us, "Are you brothers?" I think (I hope) they just meant siblings.
"We're married," we said. They didn't understand. "Married, husband and wife."
We pointed at our rings and they laughed and laughed.

They laughed for five minutes.
I don't totally understand why.

6 comments:

Lana said...

Welcome to my life!

Lauren said...

ha! just what we were telling you

also, i'm loving the updates from africa.

ps
your house is still in one piece and your mail is in a neat pile on your coffee table.

Allie said...

the children are beautiful! i love reading about your adventures in africa!

Polly said...

Super fun posts Becky.
PS Everyone: I will post Becky's emails on our family blog so everyone can read them. There is one today!
http://froelichfamily.blogspot.com/

I swear I left this comment somewhere already today, but it has disappeared into the air.

brooke said...

pretty pictures!! i love them!

suzie said...

husband and wife?!!?! baaaahhahaaa