Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring Cleaning

We don't really need Spring Cleaning in our house, but something about Spring is making me feel really good.
I want to make.

Create. Sew. Patch. Cut out pictures and paste them on the walls.

Today we rode our bikes to school, per MY suggestion, not Travis'.
That's a big deal.
Spring is crawling into my soul.
It makes me NOT want to bake. It makes me need juicy, red, drippy fruit.

I feel the need to fill my house up with color and flowers and a general explosion of spring time.

We've been looking a little at new apartments (dog-friendly, less-tiny) and I almost want to move just so I have the chance to repaint, redecorate, reexplore a new space.

Have any of you seen any Do-It-Yourselfs lately that I should tackle?

Last spring I made a few funky stuffed animals for my friends, and made myself a few skirts.
Even a dress I've never seen, it's somewhere at my grandmas house!

But this spring... I need to make something.
Need.

Come on. Help a sista out.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I feel the same way. I want to eat strawberries and popsicles and smell flowers on walks and take naps on blankets in the sunshine and were sandals and feel grass on my toes and press flowers in between the pages of books protected though as to not ruin my books)
Best place to find cute crafts in on martha stewarts blog. look at her inviting waters...

Jessica D. said...

Makes me not want to go to class.