Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guess Who's Going to KENYA!

Becky and Travis are going to Kenya!

We each got grants of 2500$ to go and film a short documentary in Kenya from the PEERY Foundation.
Whatwhatwhat! I am so pumped. (Travis is so pumped that he is excitedly writing on his blog about it and ignoring his hot wife.)

So we'll probably be going sometime around endofMay and beginningofJune.
We'll be there for two weeksish and we'll be making a short doc on KOMAZA, a social entrepreneurship that helps down and out farmers afford drought-resistant fast-growing trees that can be sold for lumber.
They be changing the world, and we be making a movie bout it. YO!

p.s. Dad, before I forget: Will you bring the 50mm lens down when you guys come? For ma b-day? Thanks much. I will use it in Kenya to take beautiful pictures.
Hopefully not unlike THESE by photographer Amelia Lyon. She just went to Haiti. Are her photos not stunning?

That's all.
Except did I mention that WE ARE GOING TO AFRICA THIS SUMMER AND SOMEONE IS PAYING THE BILL FOR BOTH OF US?

Because that is the case. We are officially a "team." We applied as a team. We be going as team.
The great Becky and Travis Pitcher: highly respected writers, photographers, and please don't forget... Film makers.

BooYAH!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY!!! Your team is awesome!!!
I am sooooo happy for you two!!

tammy said...

That is so cool! Africa is the most amazing place. Clint served his mission in South Africa and always told me Africa calls you back and I had no idea what he was talking about until we went to Uganda with a BYU program. It is weird. Africa speaks to your soul and when you leave you will feel it calling you back. I can't wait to hear about your experiences and adventures. It will change your life. I am excited for you guys!

Polly said...

Yeah Team Pitcher. I am a scared and nervous mother and you haven't even left. I just remember the culture shock of Becky in Hong Kong. I'm glad you get to experience this with Travis.

Marge Bjork said...

congratulations!!!!!

Mary said...

When I told dad a few years ago I wanted to go to Africa to work for a year or two he said never no way...so i switched to Asia. Hope you two have fun team pitcher seems like an exciting team to be apart of : )

Nana B said...

That is so exciting - my friends that have been think it is an amazing place. I expect to see some fabulous photos from both of you, what a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!