Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today I listened to Les Choristes.

I haven’t listened to it since last year, round Thanksgiving Times.

Oh, it made me want to wear my boots with tights and knee-high socks

To walk over leaves crinkly with frost

To breathe in wet, frozen air. It stings my lungs, but at least I know that I’m breathing (Utah's air is too thin!)

It made me want to make ginger cookies

To snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie about goodwill towards men, or Harry Potter, in fact I'm heading home for the first movie now

To wear a hat, a strange desire indeed, for me

It made me yearn to see my family

And it made me crazy to see my friends, but not just see them, because I see them all the time, but to lie with them on the couch, wrapped on a blanket, or listen to Jim Dale while we all knit

To have Lauren read the Wind and the Willows, or a letter from Elder Dixon, aloud to us all

It made me excited for fall, not school, but friends, food, and weather

I am sad that I won’t be living with them again this fall, but I am happy to be living in my new home, and I am happy to soon be living with the love of my life

I’m guessing this fall will be just as good as the last, even if it is a bit different.

p.s. Here's what last fall looked like, can you blame me for feeling nostalgic?

No comments: