Thursday, May 21, 2009

for the last 12 years...

I have lived in the Buffalo Ward since I was eight or nine.
Some boys were there when I got there, like Clark and Taylor.
Some boys moved in after I did, like Jon, Justin, and Jacob.
I wish I had pictures from these times, but I don't have any old pictures in Virginia.
I hated them all at some point, dated a few at some point, liked most of them at some point, and now I'm writing a blog post about them.... at this point.
Here's why: They are going on missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
For those of you who know them, but might not have heard, these are their mission calls:

Clark (already on a mission, and over half-way through. He's currently in Iowa, [I think]) His mission was Illinois

Taylor: Thailand

Jon: Russia, if I'm not mistaken

Jacob: Lima, Peru

Justin: San Jose, California

They will be gone for two years, paying their own way to work in that area, not at jobs, but preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the truth of the Book of Mormon.
I am so excited for them. Having pretty much seen them grow up over the last ten years, I know they'll all be great missionaries. I am so excited and proud of them.

1 comment:

Polly said...

awesome, I hadn't heard about Justin and Jacob. Congratulations to them all for making such great choices that will bless the rest of their lives.