Thursday, May 7, 2009

As soon as it stops raining

we head outside.

The afternoon is spent in the shallow, choppy water, pushing over exposed sandbars.
The evening is spent on the couch or in the kitchen.

The night?

I guess it's spent inside, because we were wandering around for two hours to no avail.
We found 1 music venue: the Jewish Mother.
The show was an afrobeat band, and it was an eighteen dollar cover charge.

That appears to be the only place in town (excepting bars) that is open past nine.
We considered just going into a bar, and not ordering anything, just lurking creepily, and doing something (anything) besides sitting inside.

But that would also be sitting inside. So we chickened out.

Now we're home again.
Skype me? rebeccah.louise

I can't IM anymore, because I don't know my sn or my password, and its no longer saved into my computer.
I am bored.
Contact me.

1 comment:

Polly said...

how sad for you. Soon the beach front will come alive with tourists and live music and performances every night. That will be a blast and hopefully you and Lauren will find jobs so you can actually buy an ice cream or a pop while you enjoy the VB nightlife.