Friday, January 9, 2009

the joy of letting your camera be dead for three months

I finally was so sick of not having a camera that I went ahead and charged mine. After strengthening the battery enough that it could be turned on, I found all these lovely (and OLD photos.)
Ready?

This is from when my sister Mary, and my dad stayed in Provo for a night at the beginning on November. Mary came to campus, but the rain drove us indoors. During the Tuesday devotional hour we spent most of our time in the Asian Studies section of the library.
Mostly, Mary looked at cool books, while I tried to take her picture with my crappy little camera. Oh crappy little camera, I appreciate you, but wish that you were a Canon.

Then we went to Gloria's Little Italy. I swear, I took about thirty pictures of dear old dad, but he was so wiggly that not a single one turned out. This one, you could at least tell who the picture was of. Shesh.

This is from when Lana got the Golden Egg. As described here. The noisy people above us stomp around all day. We knew that meant that they were giants. One day, in a quest to steal a neighbors egg, rather than buying her own, Lana approached a stranger in the Laundry room. Said stranger led Lana straight to the giant's house.
That's the day we got the egg from the goose that lays the golden egg. aka: that's the day we got the golden egg.

Paige had a BIRTHDAY! I took all these pretty pictures of Paige and her cake, and evidently completely forgot, since they were a very pleasant surprise.

Happy 20th Birthday, Dear. Make a wish. If you are wishing that we will be roommates again, then it is a wish I shall grant.

Lana played Happy Birthday. This is back from my pre-mad-guitar-skillz-days. Now if we have a party, I'll play. Lana can watch. On skype. From London.
I know. I checked. On line.
Lana, I miss you so dearly. Today I wrote in my journal how dearly I miss you. Come back now. London is done.

Also, this is from Thanksgiving. The most recent pictures on my camera. Remember this day? Lana taught us all to knit, and in an effort to escape Cabin Fever, we adjourned to Barnes and Noble and the eight of us chilled knitting in the kids section, drinking Carmel Apple Spice (only the best thing at Starbucks) and cracking very childish jokes.
Ah, the good ol' days.
Anyways. Happy Saturday.
Enjoy the pictures?

3 comments:

Mary said...

I was wondering when you where going to put my visit up!

Lauren said...

It took me a very long time to determine whether the person in the first photo is you or Mary. My conclusion: Mary. Though I still have my doubts.

Unknown said...

I promise you that is Mary.

what kind of crappy roommate are you, you don't recognize me?