Thursday, November 13, 2008

Behold your king, before him lowly bend.

I've been listening to Christmas music for a month. You cannot stop me. The only reason I don't listen to it year round is because the world objects. Christmas music is the most wonderful music. It makes sad people happy. It makes me happy.

Today at work I had a complete breakdown. I have been waiting for a spiritual confirmation of some sort, and when it finally came, it wasn't what I wanted. I know I'm being selfish, but I didn't want to be feeling what I was feeling. I went and cried in the condiments freezer with Lana. Then I left work early. I didn't know what to do.
I still don't.

but these words came to my mind and lent me comfort like nothing else could. No hugs, not even my reading the scriptures, but a hymn.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices!

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friends.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!

I am still upset. I still can't stop crying, but I felt like the advice the Lord was pushing out to me was to fall on my knees. I knelt in prayer and poured my soul out and only then did I feel some sort of comfort. I love the gospel. I love the Lord.
I am so grateful for all that I have, and all that I know, and that I can come unto the Lord and he can take me into his arms.

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

Becky dear, Is all this because of my e-mail? I didn't mean to upset you so much, just to bring you a touch of reality, which I know it is easy to hide from while at school. Life comes with difficult choices. We don't always get what we want, which makes appreciation of our blessings all the richer. Isn't music wonderful when it inspires us and confirms in us the things that make our souls soar. Sometimes all that crying and suffering is a prelude to an answer. Whatever your decision, you will work through it and grow. Love you!

Polly said...

I'm glad the Lord can give you the comfort I can't.