Sunday, September 21, 2008

why Ben Folds is my favorite human.


Ben Folds is musician that I love. This is why:

Ben Folds is coming out with a new album at the end of the month, as you probably know, it only takes one person to have music or a movie before it's on the internet. I watched Hancock online the NIGHT it came out, and Wall-e was online before it was in the theatres at all.

Ben Folds know this, too.

Ben Folds and several other musicians (Like Josh Groban, and Regina Spektor) have collaborated together to create several joke songs, that they themselves then leaked on to the internet as the songs from Ben's new album. They are fake and they are wonderful.

Ben Folds and Regina Spektor created a song and music video called "You Don't Know Me," Ben Folds and Josh Groban created a beautiful duet called "Life is a Masquerade." They are cliche and wonderful. They are complete jokes, created as real songs, by musical geniuses. Also, Ben Folds is older than my mother and father.
How grand!

Here are my favorite lyrics.
This song (also fake) is called "The Frown Song."

Why do we frown?
Is it something within us?
Or in the world at large?
Maybe it's both y'all

The sadness deep inside
Is something we can't hide
We yearn for the past but it's not there

And it makes me frown
Yeah, it makes me frown

You look at the news
Always giving me the blues
War, death and chaos
All around me now

The media's controlled
People do just what they're told
Just wanna stand up
and yell "Is anybody out there?"

'Cause it makes me frown
Yeah it makes me frown

It's hard to find hope
But maybe we can learn to cope
By listening to one another
It's a trust thing

'Cause I know that you have fear
'Cause you know the end is near
But just lend an ear
And we can make it happen

'Cause it makes me frown
Makes everybody frown

Oh, I know it can't get hard
When you look out your backyard
You see the ozone falling apart before you
And recycling's a bitch
I got just one wish
That our children won't grow up in a freaking trash can

The piano's all I got
And I know that ain't a lot
But music has the power
To change the future

So what do you think
'Bout my message of hope?
Better get with the program
Before it's too late, y'all

So if you wanna start right now
You better take that f-ing frown
Better turn it upside-down

Just give in to love
Yeah, give in to love
Give it up for love

Amen to love
It's gotta be love

Or it'll make you frown
Aw, it makes us frown
Aw, it makes me frown
'Cause it makes me frown

No comments: