Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Very Harry Christmas

I hope you are all happy to know that I am not dead.
The reason it has been a week and a half since my last posting is two-fold:

1. I promised you more pictures of Africa. and yet, since I've been home other things have been happening that I would rather write about. So I felt guilty writing about those things and obliged to write about Africa and then it became a chore.
So I will not write more about Africa now. (But here is a movie Trav made about our trip to Africa)

2. In the summer time I have a very specific schedule. I spend my time reading, knitting while listening to audiobooks, or biking to and from the grocery store to get fruit to eat while reading or knitting. Clearly there is no time in this schedule for blog-posting.
Oh, and I have a job.
But I don't like it.

But now I'm back and obviously the only thing I want to talk about is The Boy Who Lived.
Maybe you thought I didn't see it yet.
Maybe you thought I didn't spend several hours at the London Airport trying to get their internet to work sufficiently to stream video. (Heathrow Stinks!)
Maybe you thought I didn't immediately and quickly reread all the books in my excitement.

If you thought those things then you were wrong!

Bum bum bu-duh-bum bum buuuuuuuu-dum! (Hedwigs theme, duh)






My thoughts on the matter (since I know you crave them)
1. Doesn't Ron look grizzly with his half-beard? Yes.
2. Who the eff is that man on the train tracks?
3. Is that someone new playing Ollivander?
4. I LOVE that they have footage from both halves!
5. Why does Ron seem to be killing a snake? Neville DESERVES to kill that snake.
6. I LOVE that is says "A Motion Picture Event of a Generation."
Yes, my generation. I read the first book when I was 11. Every time I grew a year older, so did Harry. The first movie came out when I was 12 or 13.
I have literally been waiting almost TEN YEARS for this movie, and so have my peers. Little 12 and 13 year-olds can not claim this as their movie.
This is our movie.
The line outside the movie theater at midnight is going to be made up of college students and some children.
I am so freaking excited.

Also, if you're as big of a dork as I am, or if you love me, or if you have no plans for next weekend:
Harry Potter's Birthday Party (an annual celebration for some of us) is next Saturday the 31st.
We will have Butterbeer, Cauldron Cakes, and many other delicious Wizarding treats.
As well as a large group of people looking goofy in costumes.
And maybe a trivia game so you can win something cool, but I haven't decided.
And, of course, starting at about 9pm we'll be watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince projected on to our wall.
You are invited, whoever you are.
Call or text me for directions. (952.451.5076)

If you don't wear at least a semblance of a costume I will lose all respect for you. Even Travis agreed to "I dunno, I'll carry a wand. And maybe wear a cape."

3 comments:

The Stanley's said...

I've always thought you were the cutest Harry of all! Katherine has been re-engrossed in the books this summer also. The trailer is awesome and best of all, Jonathon will be home when the finale is out next summer!!

Mary said...

I am pumped and want to see it at midnight but will not be able to get work off the next morning and sadly if I don't get enough sleep sitting at a computer desk it so much to handle. I hate 8 hour work days everyday of summer vacation but its a curse that is paying for college. I can't wait till the movie is out and I want to go to the party to!

Nana B said...

I wanna come, I wanna come, kin I please come to Harry's party? Oh well instead I will have a birthday party for Gus who will be 1 on Saturday. Grandpa thinks I'm nuts.