Saturday, June 19, 2010

We're here

So we're in Uganda.
So far, I have to admit it... I prefer Kenya,

But I may be biased because in Kenya we had a bed, hot water, a full kitchen to cook in and only three roommates. Here we have 19 roommates in a house half the size. And 16 of them are unmarried sophomore girls.

But we have been having fun, and being sure to take many many pictures.
Today we visited the Nile.
It was very awesome.
Yesterday we went to school and talked with the students and built an adobe stove (until rain shut down the country... even though the kids were already in school they stopped teaching when the rain started.)

I would like to write more but we're being charged by the half hour and I have to go.


2 comments:

MARCIE said...

This sounds way different! But a new experience to report on. I can't believe there are still no pictures for us. Just press that button. come on, you can do it!

Mary said...

poo on internet fees...