Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Uganda!

Can you believe it?
It's our last day in Kenya. I still can't totally take it in, but we've been here two weeks already.
Tomorrow we'll get on a plane for Uganda, where we'll stay for 8 days, and then off to England for 2 days (Oxford, hurrah!)
And then home, where I'll be thrust into the second week of summer school and work.

And suddenly I realized that we took dozens of hours of video footage and like... 6 pictures.
So today I'm trying to fill my camera.

Maybe I'll put on different shirts every few hours so it doesn't look like we were only in Kenya one day.

And friends at home... STOP.
Do not get married without me. Do not get engaged without me. Do not up and leave forever to New York without me.
Too many things are happening there that I don't want to miss.

I keep waking up very distressed by my dreams.
A dream where Suzie says they're leaving before we get back and we'll never see them again.
A dream where both the Haggen girls get married, but a terrifying Gollum-type creature tries to sabotage them and kill their new husbands.
A dream where a friend at home gets engaged and decides to get married while we're still in Africa.

I do not approve of all this. Just pause all activities at home until I can come back and be a part of them.
Deal?

Then I don't have to make Travis come snuggle me since I wake up suddenly and find that I'm crying.
I miss you all.
And I will try to write as soon as I can, but who knows what the internet in Uganda is like?

love
becky

3 comments:

MARCIE said...

I was about to write that I don't even believe you are in Kenya, only Travis, because we have seen a photo of him there. So I am still waiting...
Meanwhile, good stories!

Polly said...

Are you trying to tell us you didn't take any pictures of the hut you spent the night in where you at boiled weeds for dinner? Or of the family you stayed with? Very disappointing we were looking forward to family slide show night and we will have to be satisfied with family home movie night. Take more pictures. As far as the second part of your post goes: wow your not dramatic or anything.

tammy said...

If you meet a boda boda (motorcycle taxi) driver named Fred please let him know that you know us and that we send him our love. He usually asked every white person if they know us. He is a good friend and we helped him start a business. It is the only thing we did that lasted and had some effect in Uganda. He lives in Mukono if you make it there. Hope you enjoy Uganda, it is beautiful!