Monday, March 15, 2010

Pandora.

I am only now experiencing the joy of Pandora.
Like eight years after everyone else.

But when I heard about Pandora (was it high school or middle school?) I was not impressed. If I wanted to listen to N'Sync why would I listen to a radio station of music like N'sync?
Why wouldn't I just make myself a mix cd? :)
Oh, the 2000s... (I can say that now that it's 2010. In ten years we can say, "oh the 2010s... back before flying electric cars.")
Anyway, a few days ago at work I was itching for some Iron and Wine and I finally swallowed my pride and went to Pandora.
I was midly satisfied. I hear more of the Weepies and Jose Gonzalas than Iron and Wine, but it was oookay.
But today I found something great.

I was really in the mood for R-E-S-P-E-C-T. You know, on repeat. Over and over again.
And after watching Aretha sing it many times in a row on youtube (She's got some moves!) I went to Pandora again.
And created a station based on the song, not on Aretha Franklin.

I keep finding myself eyes closed, swaying a little, ignoring the people staring.
I don't know if you call it R&B or Soul or what, (Brooke, give me a hand, what is it?) but I just can't get enough of it today.


Right now, Midnight Train to Georgia is playing on my Pandora and all I can think of is that 30s Rock clip.
So great.
I can't figure out how to embed it here, but this is the link. It's great.

4 comments:

Chris said...

pandora.com = good idea
panicstream.com = cooler version of good idea

things always improve

Mary said...

What might she be wearing? That thigh fuzz is a great idea : )

brooke said...

Both. But soul is the more official title for classic aretha stuff.
glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

MARCIE said...

What she's got, baby I want it! Sock it to me, sock it to me sock it to me! --energy that is!
Hang on, we're back in the 70's! Bring on a little Gladys Knight, and Otis Redding too. Just go back to Motown where it all began and is still happening.