Saturday, August 8, 2009

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble

(Spoiler alert, maybe.)



I loooooooved 500 days of summer. I've heard reviews that didn't like it, but please ignore those reviews, and go to see it.
I like movies about romance that don't end like they "ought to."
I thought it very unique. I thought it beautifully done. I thought it heartbreakingly realistic.
Similar to he's just not that into you, this movie didn't end with a perfect happily ever after, but even then, it wasn't that sad, it was okay.
The movie had feeling of continuation. Moving on.

Most chick flicks end with the couple getting together. They don't begin with that, and show you a real relationship. I guess (500) days of Summer wasn't really a chick flick.
Just a flick.

BUT one thing I loved was that their "getting to know you," "we are kind of flirting" banter was realistic. It was full of pauses, and nervousness. It didn't sound like a script, it sounding like two people getting to know each other, and kind of flirting.


And the games that people play, and the lies that people don't have to tell, because they let things be assumed, and all the strings we pull and hints that we drop.
It felt like a real, true story about falling in and out, and in and out of (and back into) love.

That's all. I loved it.

I think they stole my ipod for the soundtrack.

p.s. I adore Zooey Deschanel, and do you recognize Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the young Norman Maclean from A River Runs Through It?

1 comment:

Allie said...

i don't know how to tell you this...there's a chinese family in the bathroom.