Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not quite a grown-up

In about three months I'll be twenty.
But despite that fact that I will officially be an adult, not just legal, but not a teen, I still feel like I'm pretending when I act like a grown-up.
I noticed some inconsistencies in my life.
I pretend to be an adult, but from an on-lookers point of veiw, I am clearly not.
I hear you crying out for examples! Here they are:

I drink tea every morning.
From a Harry Potter mug.

I make my own meals in my own kitchen every day.
Wearing only an apron, and underwear, usually.

I have a rather excessive collection of grown-up books.
Accompanied by many much oftener read children's books.

I got up early to get dressed and prepared for school.
Instead I am writing on my blog, and soon I will play my guitar.

I am listening to Simon and Garfunkel.
Very loudly. Very, very loudly.
and dancing.

I took grown-up perfume from my mother over Christmas to use and smell lovely.
Three days in a row, I have managed to squirt myself in the face with it.

I take vitamins every morning.
They are shaped like animals and come in four delicious flavors!

I wrote a list of essential things to do and buy, including tuition, phone bills, books.
Also including a new loofah, and funny coloured socks.


I wear relatively adult-type clothes from the Gap almost daily.
I refuse to wear a bra.

I use an adult vocabulary often.
Usually accompanied by a fake British Accent.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The only word I feel I could say safely to this would be; interesting.

Polly said...

stop announcing to the world that you don't wear a bra. Also be careful of your eyes while spraying your mom's perfume. Let's also iterate you are drinking herbal tea. What else would a mother say? Modesty? Hmmm...
Also I sometimes still feel like I'm playing grown up so things don't change just because you get older.

MARCIE said...

This might be a tad more that we need to know. But it is funny and interesting.You can still pretend to be an adult and someday it will happen. Then you will pretend to be a child...and we might hit you. But we love you even tho you are crazy.