Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Charles Baudelaire

I have recently found several quotes that I absolutely adore by Charles Baudlaire.
I have posted a few on my blog but here are some examples:

Music fathoms the sky.

The insatiable thirst for everything which lies beyond, and which life reveals, is the most living proof of our immortality.

Any man who does not accept the conditions of life sells his soul.

Any newspaper, from the first line to the last, is nothing but a web of horrors, I cannot understand how an innocent hand can touch a newspaper without convulsing in disgust.

Anybody, providing he knows how to be amusing, has the right to talk about himself.

As a small child, I felt in my heart two contradictory feelings, the horror of life and the ecstasy of life.

So, who is this charming man that I felt so embodied much that I feel?
Well, wiki tells me that he was a French poet in the nineteenth century. He did not believe in Love, only Lust. He did not believe in marriage. He frequented many prostitutes. He was in love with his mother. "A controversial figure in his lifetime, Baudelaire's name has become a byword for literary and artistic decadence."

What a dandy, huh?
Want to see the charming man's photo?
I give you Charles:
ahhhh!

Check him out. He's a winner.
Wiki on Charles
Quotes by Charles

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Teddy is a much better role model. He has a creepy face.

Although, Chuck here does have some interesting things to say.

Lauren said...

That comment was unclear: CHARLES has a creepy face.

Polly said...

But I do love his outfit!